Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Political blogs

So I have been thinking about what to write lately. I was thinking about doing something political but... I don't know, maybe I will.

I read a few blogs, a couple conservatives and a libertarian blog. I decided that I was getting too much from one side. So this weekend I started reading a couple prominent liberal blogs. I chose Kos and Atrios because I hear their names thrown out there every now and again.

Now, I've only been reading these for a couple days but I have noticed something. Maybe it's my own slant but the liberal writing doesn't seem to be talking about any ideas... No that's the wrong word for it... they don't have any substantial arguments for anything that they are saying. They like to say things about being lied to about the war and it being a dismal failure without giveing any reasoning, as if it was common fact. Maybe they are just preaching to the converted and so they don't need to worry about convincing anyone, but it's not convincing me.

I could just be reading the wrong blogs.

Another difference that I've noticed was the difference in events coverage. There have been two major blog stories coming out in the last couple days. There is the Armstrong Williams scandal where he was paid to endorce the No Child Left Behind and the CBS/Rather report came out today. Each story puts one side in a negative light; Williams is bad for Republicans and CBS is bad for the liberal media and Democrats.

Now, you can find both stories on the conservative blogs. Everyone is decrying Williams' decision to take money and not disclose it. But only the conservatives have really attached CBS's bias. Only Atrios even mentioned it and it was to say that is somehow showed that the media isn't liberally biased (by some twisted logic that since "Rathergate" is news then obviously the media isn't liberal).

Whatever.

Good night.

mwz

No comments: