Saturday, January 29, 2005

Drummer Baby

Hot off the heals of Francis pulling down the CDs, she has hit another proud moment milestone. Arial (my wife) is all into the "developmental milestones" like her pulling herself up by herself (which she can do) but I'm more into the fun things.

Anyway, I have a drum set. I got it partially because I wanted to play and partially so that Francis would grow up with a drum set. About once a week or so, I set Francis on my lap, stick the sticks in her little hands and lightly drum with my hands over hers. It usually entertains her for a bit and then she starts chewing on the sticks.

But today, She held onto both sticks on her own and started hitting the snare. She didn't look that coordinated but she did have a good rhythm going. I was so proud.

mwz

No comments: