Thursday, January 27, 2005

Food

I miss food. Not just any old food. I miss grahm crackers, chocolate and milk. I miss excesses of food. I miss having a bowl of ice cream every night. I miss walking to the kitchen at 10pm and making myself a snack... a big snack.

Basically, I'm on a diet. Not a specific diet. More of an attempt at life style change.

Last month, my doctor told me that I should get my weight down to 190 lbs. I was 220lbs (although their scale said 230, it was with clothes and shoes on). I'm not obese but I'm not the thin guy that I used to be. The extra fat really iritates me. It bugs me that I have this layer of fat that covers me.

Anyway, so I'm on this diet, which just means that I am trying to eat a sensible breakfast, lunch and supper with no snacking in between. It's a lot harder than I thought. The problem is that I control the food supply. When I was in high school, I only had the food that was around. My parents aren't big snackers, so there were never any chips around. My mom did make desert things but I didn't want to hog it. Ya know? Then in college, I started controlling the food supply but I was still young enough that it all burned away. Plus stress can do a lot for burning calories.

Unfortunately, when my wife got pregnant, my body decided that it needed to store up energy. Maybe it knew that we would be awake the whole first couple weeks and that I would need the energy. In any case, even though my wife's belly got flat after the birth, mine didn't.

So now here I am. Down to 215 lbs. Fat man blogging.

mwz

No comments: