Thursday, July 28, 2005

Peanut Butter and Jelly: Day 1

So yesterday I posted that in order to enhance my appreciation for Big Brother, I would go on the peanut butter and jelly diet that they go through. I forgot to mention that I was doing it for a week.

Anyway, that means I only get peanut butter, jelly, bread and water for the whole weak. (Due to me accidentally re-addicting myself to caffeine, I am having a pop at lunch to stave off the headaches. I'll deal with the headaches on the weekend.)
  • Here is what I had today
  • Breakfast: 2 pieces of wheat bread toast with jelly
  • Lunch: peanut butter on a toasted bagel (we were out of bread, I had to eat something and a bagel isn't too far out of line).
  • Snack: 1 piece of white bread microwaved with peanut butter (not as good as I had hoped, plus runny peanut butter is hard to keep on a piece of toast. Also, it's still peanut butter.)
  • Supper: 2 PB&J sandwiches on white bread
  • Late Night Snack: 1 PB&J sandwich on white bread
I can now say, with full confidence, that this really does suck. The people on Big Brother aren't whining about it because they are too spoiled to rough it. It really sucks.

I've only been through one day of it and I hate it. I like to drink milk with my PB&J sandwiches but now I just get water. I get hungry and wander toward the kitchen but I stop realize that the only thing I get is something that I can concoct from peanut butter, jelly and bread. It really has cut down on my snacking. That has to be why they lose weight.

Oh yeah, and I can't get the smell of peanut butter off of me.

mwz
220

7 comments:

Gail said...

wow - I think that sounds tough. So you are not eating any fruit or veggies this week?

You should go out at the end of the week and have a feast - maybe that will keep you going.

mwz said...

Does grape jelly count as a fruit?

Lagowski said...

You're gonna get fat and constipated :-)

your arse said...

you should thank god that you don't need to enhance your appreciation for shows like "survivor" and "fear factor."

Derek said...

You are going to need a lot of Smooth Move tea to get all of that out of you.

Have you ever tried Weight Watchers? I heard that was the shiznit.

Gail said...

weird. random people just commented on your page, mwz.

they seemed to be very interested in your bowels. *raises eyebrow*

mwz said...

Well, it is nice that they are concerned about me... err... my regularity.

Besides, I thought they were pretty funny.