Sunday, July 24, 2005

A New First

Yesterday, we went on a picnic. We went to a pretty nice park that we think they made on top of an old quarry. It was a nice day and Arial had packed sandwiches and strawberries. There was a picnic table under some tries by a big grassy open space. It was nice.

Frances seemed to have a good time. She was running around on the grass, falling occasionally. She does a pretty good job of picking herself up and continuing. Then she did a face plant on the ground. I'm not really sure how she managed to do it but her face was the first thing that hit. She was upset by that but after we picked the grass and dirt from her mouth, she seemed better.

We decided to wipe off the rest of the dirt and the strawberries with a baby wipe. It worked (as it always does, I don't know how we lived before we carried baby wipes around with us all of the time). But then there was more strawberry on her lip. Arial wiped that off but then it returned. It was then that Arial realized that it wasn't strawberry but blood.

That's right. My little girl had her first bloody lip. I am so proud.

mwz
220

Oh, and don't worry she's fine. It was only a little cut.

3 comments:

J-Funk said...

So did you hold hands with Ariel and skip whilst you were picnicking?

Sounds lovely.

Gail said...

Yea! L got it! (my encrypted initials)

Well, the reason I deleted it is because I like to not be bound to previous stated opinions. I know this not exactly rational: but somehow I feel that my blog posts ARE written in stone. :) So I just wanted to start over.

I am going to use the blue lighthouse template this time! :)

Gail said...

Since my last comment had nothing to do with your post, and I feel that was rude, I will now make a proper comment:

That's cute. cool story. Now you know Frances can survive a bloody lip. I don't know why you thought it was a strawberry... was she eating strawberries? probably. I can't believe you guys are spending time outside in this heat. that's just nuts.