Tuesday, July 05, 2005

4th of July Weekend

This weekend was quite nice. I had Friday off, so it made for a four day weekend.

Last night we took Frances to the fireworks. We decided to make the trek into the city and see the big fireworks show. It was supposed to be the largest in the state. I wanted Frances' first fireworks to be good.

Some babies cry when they see fireworks, but not Frances. She thought they were neat. After watching them for a little while though, she seemed to get bored and turned her attention to scarfing down some Cheerios (I don't use a word like "scarfing" lightly. She ate more Cheerios at a faster pace than I've ever seen her eat). Sometimes she would glance at the fireworks but mostly she ate.

While Frances liked the fireworks, I was disappointed. I didn't think there were near enough to claim the title of largest show in the state. The finale was short and didn't have a lot of fireworks in it. When people started getting up, I thought it was silly of them to leave in the middle of the show. Oh well...

Most of the weekend was spent doing landscaping. A tree (a little taller than a large bush) in front of our house was dieing so I dug it out and replaced it with a different short tree. We also dug out some dieing, ground cover bushes.

Digging out those large plants taught me an important lesson. A blister really hurts in the shower. I don't know why but it's true. But more importantly, a blister hurts more if you aggravate it the next day by doing the same thing that caused the blister in the first place.

...and then taking a shower.

mwz
218

3 comments:

J-Funk said...

You know what else is really aggravated by the shower? Poison Ivy. I think modern society with all the showers is really a ploy to make us hate nature more. That's why I only take a shower once a month.

Gail said...

Yo G! Whassup!?

I was wondering exactally how does Frances eat her Cheerios? Does she stick her tounge onto the top of a bowl of dry Cheerios and let them stick to her tounge? Or does she put them in her mouth one by one (or two by two)?

I prefer the first method. My second favorite method is with milk and a spoon. Mmmm.. Cheerios. Oaty goodness

mwz said...

Frances is a grabber. She can grab two (maybe more) Cheerios at a time (and they are Cheerios brand Cheerios since the others don't seem to be as good for her).