Monday, February 07, 2005

XXXIX

Well the Super Bowl is over and just as I thought, the Patriots are poopy and beat the team I was rooting for. That happens. I feel good though that I didn't have a lot of emotion tied to the Eagles. That would have been maddening to watch them piddle away the clock if they were "my team".

I actually went through that with the Hawkeyes. In the Cap. 1 bowl game, they blew nearly all of the last 20 seconds needlessly, they had a couple time outs left. But on the last play (that they managed to get off) they threw a long touch down to win the game. But if Tate would have missed on the throw or the receiver dropped the ball, it would have been sickening. Clock management shouldn't be that hard. They do it fine all year. Maybe there is something about a big game that screws with your head.

BTW, the next Super Bowl will be XL. Won't that be fun.

mwz
214

No comments: