Monday, February 07, 2005

More SB

Yesterday, I had three beers starting at 4pm (I had an early supper before the Super Bowl). In college, I used to get really bad hangovers with surprisingly small amounts of alcohol but three beers should have been fine. Yet, this morning at 4, I was having those weird dreams that you get when your sick (or at least that I get). I got up, threw up, felt better and went back to bed. Three beers...

I actually think that what got me was the caramel corn. Arial made this delicious caramel corn with prezels and pecans in it. I ate too much. I think the large amount of sugar mixed the the small amount alcohol made for a bad combination.

When I was brushing my teeth, in the wee hours of the morning, I realized that we never disinfect our toothbrushes. Day after day, they just sit out and collect bathroom bacteria. But since we put toothpaste on them, they *must* be clean...

Did anyone see the Puppy Bowl on animal planet? It was the most bizarre television I have ever seen. It was litterally a station declaring defeat to the Super Bowl. The premise was that they would stick some puppies into this little pen that was shaped like a football stadium. Then the puppies did whatever they wanted. Some chewed on toys, some just hung out and some play-fought... for THREE HOURS. They rotated the puppies and sometimes did an instant replay of something moderately interesting (like a puppy slipping as it ran). It was almost as if they decided to broadcast a fish tank.

And yet I couldn't stop tunning in. I don't even like dogs but there was something so sureal about it. I never stayed for that long. And even though they repeated the whole three hours immediately after, I didn't watch more than 15 minutes total. Did you catch that? Three hours wasn't enough, they showed it again, back-to-back. Crazy.

mwz
214

No comments: