Sunday, February 06, 2005

Insomnia

So, it's late and I can't sleep. I thought I would write a bit. Why not? Other than that I would probably fall asleep faster if I wasn't writing a blog entry.

Tomorrow/today is the Super Bowl. I'm excited because I got some Salt and Vinegar, Snyders, kettle something potato chips. I really like them. The kettle something (which I can't remember the exact wording of that) makes the chips really crispy. And for some unknown reason, I quite like salt and vinegar flavor. Arial doesn't like them and neither do our friends that are coming over to watch the game. That means that I am going to pretty much have to eat the whole thing (not in one sitting of course... maybe two though). So much for my momentary weight loss.

So this year I am going to root for the eagles. I felt bad for them last year when they lost in the AFC (or NFC, what does it matter? The NFL is just the place where players go when they retire from college football) championship game. More importantly, I had McNabb in fantasy football (until he started sucking it up when I ditched him for Manning (about three weeks later than everyone else did)), so I've gotten used to rooting for them. Plus, their colors are so bad that I would like to see some bandwagon people buy ugly green jackets.

I'm also rooting against the Patriots because they beat two of the teams I was rooting for, the colts (with Dallas Clark) and the Steelers (who can resist cheering for the rookie). So, I have gotten used to rooting against them. They'll probably beat a third team that I was rooting for. Jerks.

I have to say that I am impressed with the bloggers who have something to say everyday. I think for some of them, it's kind of their job. Or at least part. I guess if I was a professional pundit or wrote books or something, I might dedicate more time to a blog.

I think I would still run out of things to say. Although that doesn't stop the folks (or is it just one person?) at Talking Points Memo. If they have nothing else to say, they just play he said, she said with legislators, telling us who has shown support for the Presidents SS plan, who is opposed and who has remained silent. Oooo Excitement... Especially when they report who hasn't said anything... Riveting...

I'm going to bed.

mwz
213

No comments: