Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Illegal Immigration

I'm not going to post any links for this because I'm lazy but a couple days ago (or longer) Arnold Schwarzensomething (I'm also too lazy to look up the correct spelling) said something to the affect of "we should close the borders". The next day, he said that he meant "secure" not "close" which I thought was reasonable.

In some of the blogs I read, they said that left wingers were all up in arms that Arnold said he wanted the borders closed. For some reason, I didn't really believe that anyone would be that stupid to think that he actually wanted to close the borders.

But tonight I caught the begining of O'Reilly and there was a guy arguing against border security and he said something like "Arnold said he wanted to close the border, but later back tracked". I couldn't believe that he actually thought that the simpler explanation was that Arnold, an immigrant himself, wants to close down the borders and keep out foreign students and scientists and all the goodness that comes with new blood in our country.

Yeah, that is much more likely than it was a slip of the tongue.

And while I'm on the subject, when did it become controversial to believe that our immigration laws should be enforced. I know a quite a few immigrants who jump through all sorts of crazy hoops to stay and work in the country. A lot of them are PhDs who we really should be wooing. But they willingly jump through them.

But when we treat illegals to free health care and welfare services and have sanctuary cities where they won't be deported, it has to be a slap in the face to all the hard working legal immigrants.

It's all very lame. Just enforce the laws.

mwz
226

No comments: