Friday, June 18, 2010

Funniest Home Videos Moment

Well, it has happened to me, what Funniest Home Videos has taught me happens to every father.

I am always very careful when the kids are swinging a bat or throwing a ball. My reflexes are usually good enough to save the day.

But not tonight.

Tonight, Frances, Johann and I were sword fighting (with Nerf swords, which are awesome). I was distracted by making sure Johann didn't hit Frances in the head with his sweeping blows.

(Incidentally, we are worried that Frances may have a skull fracture which she got by running into the thermostat in the hallway. She seems fine but later her ear was bleeding a bit. We are going to take her in to the clinic tomorrow to get her checked out. Hopefully, it's just the tubes in her ear falling out and not the hit on her head that caused the bleeding.)

Maybe, it wasn't that I was so distracted but that my top priority wasn't protecting myself but Frances' head.

Johann's sword slipped past my defenses and he got me with a powerful strike.

I haven't been hit there in years. It was a excruciating reminder that I must stay ever vigilent.

Fortunately, no one was filming the incident.

mwz

No comments: