Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day

Outside of working on a race, I had a very nice Father's day.

Frances and Johann made cards. Frances' was very nicely colored with her and me holding hands in the middle with text that she wrote saying "Have a great day everyday".

Johann's looked really simple in comparison. It was just bunch of shapes and two people (Johann and me). I didn't really get it until he said that it was a depiction of when he and I drew shapes in the wood chips at the park last week. That made me happy.

Both cards are now displayed at work.

Frances also decided to try to ride her bike w/out training wheels again. (The last time we tried, I got overly frustrated and Frances wound up crying in Arial's arms. It was horrible and I'm not really proud of that.)

So, with pads in place, helmet on and a promise that I would hold on to the handle bars like Frances wanted, she tried again. We went up and down the street until I could no longer ensure her safety. (It is really tiring to run hunched over a little bike.)

She did great. There were brief periods of balance. But more importantly, she is getting better and wants to try again.


Oh, and for Father's day, Thrice kicked me in the face.

mwz