Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mikey Likes It

I've always thought the old Life cereal commercial with Mikey was weird. If Mikey will eat anything, why are they so amazed that he likes Life? He'll eat anything.

[Update: An anonymous commenter helpfully pointed out that Mikey actually hates everything. I completely mis-remembered that comercial. I found the actual commercial on youtube and it is pretty much exaclty how I rember it, except they say "He won't eat it. He hates everything" instead of "He'll eat it. He'll eat anything". Now I'm wondering why they thought he would try it in the first place.]

Johann will eat anything too. He'll eat fruit or vegetables, meat or dairy. He can put away a bowl of cut-up grapes with surprising speed. We never have to pressure him into eating. He will often eat more than Frances. He must need it for growing because he isn't getting really chubby.

What he really likes is meat.

He is very much a carnivore. It took us a little bit to figure out because Frances is the opposite. She doesn't like much meat at all. But we started noticing that the meat portions of meals would disappear first.

Then we noticed that he wasn't really very happy when we would have pasta meals. At the end of one, we thought to give him a cut up hot dog. He ate a whole one (minus the skin, yes, I peeled his hot dog). This was after he had stopped eating the pasta.

He's our little eater.

mwz

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better check your link. Mikey hates everything. That's why they are so surprised he likes Life.

mwz said...

Thanks for pointing that out. I've been baffled by that commercial for awhile, not that I think about it much. I mean it didn't keep me up at night... often...

Anyway, I've added that information in an update. Thanks.

J-Funk said...

Whew! For a minute there I thought it was ME who was mis-remembering that commercial. But alas, I remember it correctly as Mikey hating everything.

Your kids' extremely divergent tastes supports that they actually have different parents. I think the stork screwed up.

Gail said...

The only thing better than hotdogs is cheese hotdogs. Hmmmm.