Friday, February 02, 2007

Johann is Walking

I am a bit behind in my posts. I was going to post about how Johann was standing up without holding onto anything (which he started doing a week or two ago).

But today Johann took his first steps.

Earlier in the day, he was standing in front of Ariel and he moved one foot forward and then sat down. We then had a discussion about if that constituted his first step. I didn't think that it counted because he didn't move all of his weight to that foot but Ariel thought it was enough of his weight to count.

Later though, our disagreement became moot when Frances pulled away the push toy that Johann was holding onto. He stood for a little bit. I held my arm in front of him to catch him if he fell and he took four steps. He later repeated the performance.

We're all very proud.

He can also go up and down stairs (with adult supervision of course) and he eats cat food (without adult supervision). We had to move the cat food up on a shelf because he kept getting into it. He really seemed to like it.

mwz

2 comments:

J-Funk said...

wow what an achievement!

Gail said...

Hi!

I started reading your blog again, and J Funk's, and WebCam's. I actually tried posting again on my blog but I seem to be locked out. I guess I went too long without posting. I really enjoy seeing what you guys are up to with the push of a button. It sounds like WebCam graduated from his program, which is cool. Now comes the hard part, finding a job.

It sounds like you guys are doing well, enjoying your babies' accomplishments!

There isn't much to report as far as my life goes. My research is going fairly well, getting some experiments to work in the lab. We are submitting a grant to the NIH this week which will hopefully gaurantee me funding for 2 years. My Mom moved to Madison, so now we are all here! (my sister, mom, and me). I have started dating again, no one special yet. I am playing violin with a quartet a couple of times a week and I also joined a chamber orchestra. It's nice to be out of school and have more free time for my extracurriculars.

Well, anyway, hope you don't mind me using your blog for my own personal message. :) Just thought I would say Hi to you and to J-Funk if she reads this.

Peace