Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Shaving

I've been buzzing my hair for a while now, basically ever since I realized that I was losing my hair. Yesterday, I took the next big step. I shaved my head.

I've never done that before and it was not as easy as I hoped. I didn't get a real close shave, mostly because it is boring running a small razor over a large skull.

I suspect the inventor of Velcro shaved his head. Today, I have head stubble and when I put up the hood of my coat, it pretty much stuck to my head. It was really difficult to shift the cloth around on my head and sliding it off my head was near impossible (I had to lift it off). I was impressed at how much my head stubble grabbed at the fabric.

I have a theory on why I decided to do this now. I have recently started going to the gym again and yesterday (after my shaving experience) I noticed that the guys either have a full head of hair or they shave it all off. I think that is because you spend a fair amount of time around mirrors when you work out and you are constantly reminded of how sad your hair looks.

Apparently, I'm vain.

mwz

No comments: