Wednesday, July 12, 2006

eMusic 2

I forgot to blog my eMusic picks last month. I'm sure everybody was upset about that because reading about music is so much fun...

Anyway, I don't care about making an interesting blog. So, here's what I got last month.

Interpol - Antics

I really liked their song "Slow Hands" and I had read good things about Interpol, so I thought I would check them out. That's really why I'm excited about eMusic, I can check out new bands without much cost. Anyway, the album is pretty good. Nothing I go out of my way to listen to but I'm not disappointed when I do.

Magnapop - Magnapop

I like Magnapop. I have two other albums of theirs ("Hotboxing" and "Rubbing Doesn't Help") and they are both fairly solid. In the past, they have had support from Bob Mould and Michael Stipe. It was a toss up between getting this album (their first) and their most recent (their first after an 8 year break). I chose this album and I think that was a fine choice. I don't think it's as good as Hotboxing but it's decent.

Bob Mould - Body of Sound

I don't really know what I was thinking. I knew that Mr. Mould had gotten into electronica and I had been really disappointed by his last album "Modulate" which was mostly electronica. This album though was supposed to be a return to rock. Unfortunately, he still through in a quite a few effects like the irritating voice modulation that Cher used on "Live After Love". Mr. Mould is a musical genius (just not in electronica) and there are still some okay songs on the album but you really have to listen past some embarrassing experimentation first.

Pavement - Crooked Rain Crooked Rain LA's Desert Origins
Tracks 1-9

With my remaining songs for the month I picked up the first 9 songs of this album. This album has "Cut Your Hair" which I really liked in high school. I have another Pavement album (the name escapes me) and it is fine music that just kinda blends into the background. There are very view Pavement songs that I get an itch to listen to but they are always a good choice for music to listen to when I'm working. The first 9 songs of this album are no different. Next month I will probably get the remaining 3 to fill out the original album but not the remaining 30 some on the extended version.

mwz

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

(makes snoring sound)