Monday, July 10, 2006

Drummer or Pickpocket

Normally, we have child gates up that keep Frances out of the kitchen and therefor out of the stairs. But the other day, we had people looking at our house (we are selling) and we took them down.

Frances used that opportunity to go to the basement by herself. I was unloading groceries at the time so I let her go. We have a decent basement with not much danger. By the time I finished with the groceries, I could hear her drumming.

I went down to have a look and she had crawled up on the chair (I don't have a stool) and was playing. What I really thought was impressive though was that she had put on her ear protection (a pair of noise reduction ear muffs). I was so proud.



Yesterday, I took Frances up to take her nap. I often nap with her since it settles her down and lets me take a nap. This time though, she was a little more hyper and was bouncing on the bed a bit more than usual.

She lay down and I thought that she had calmed down, so I went to sleep.

When I woke, she was playing with something. I looked over and it was a bunch of cards. After putting on my glasses, I recognized them as cards from my wallet. I felt for my wallet and sure enough, it was gone.

Frances had removed it after I had fallen asleep and I didn't notice at all.

So, if she can't cut it as a drummer, she can always turn to a life of crime. I think she could be quite good at it.

mwz

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

Being a pickpocket may be more immediately lucrative. You should work on improving her pickpocket skillz and teaching her to target people other than her parents.

But as a backup, in case the pickpocket thing doesn't work out, you should definitely keep working on the drumming deal. That can seriously score some moneybags in the long haul.