Sunday, August 14, 2005

Brick Border

Today, we put in a brick border around the shrubs near our house. It was a lot of work. I had to dig a trench.

Digging a trench may sound easy but keep in mind that it has to be the right depth and width to fit the bricks. You can't just dig a trench all willy-nilly and expect it to come out right. At least I hope not, otherwise I put in a lot of work that I didn't need to do.

That said, I expected it to be difficult so it wasn't much of a shock.

The worst part (it turns out), is that I did the work without a shirt on. Not only did this let the neighbors see my large tummy but it also exposed the pale skin on my torso that is normally protected by my shirt. I didn't think about sun screen and the layer of dirt clinging to me apparently didn't help.

I went to bed (for a nap) at 9pm because I was wiped. At midnight, Arial came to bed and I got up to feed the cats. Afterwards, I couldn't get back to sleep. So here I am, blogging at 2:40 in the morning.

I've gotta try to seem again. Good night.

mwz
219

2 comments:

J-Funk said...

If D and I ever acquire a house with a yard, I will require him to do yardwork without his shirt on for my entertainment. We've already discussed this.

Gail said...

Awsome.

Are you going to do the same for him?