Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mama and Dada

At Target today, I checked out and Arial pushed the cart (with the kids) back to the cart area. As they went away, Johann reached towards me and yelled "Momma". Arial said "No, that's Dada".

The guy behind me said, "When they learn a word, they use it for everything."

That was when I had to say "No, he really calls me 'Momma' and her 'Dada'".

He laughed and said that I would have to tell him about that when he gets older. I almost said "that's what I have a blog for" but I just left.

But it's true. Johann thinks I'm called "Momma". I think it is because when he is in distress either one of us responds (whoever is the closest and/or the least weary). So sometimes he cries "Mommy! Momma!" and I will respond. I think that is what has confused him.

He will occationally call me "Daddy". Hopefully, he will eventually stick with that.

mwz

No comments: