Saturday, March 31, 2007

Inspirational

So I've been doing spin class at the local gym for a couple months. It's been going pretty well and I've started to become familiar with some of the others who go to the classes.

There's this one guy who, it turns out, does triathlons. He doesn't look like the prototypical triathlete, he's kinda stocky but pretty well built.

Anyway, after the last class, I ran into him (not literally). He said something to the affect of "Thank you for coming, it's nice not being the only guy in the class". I returned the thanks, since I too prefer not to be the only one of my gender in class.

Then he said "You're inspirational." Okay, whatever. I didn't know what that meant but he followed a little bit later with "It's good to have someone else in there with a BMI over 25."

He does have a point. On the whole, the people at the gym are a lean sort and thinking back to that particular class, the women were very stick-like.

But, now I think that the reason I am "inspirational" is because I'm chubby. I'm apparently the fat guy who "gives it his best".

mwz

No comments: