Thursday, April 05, 2007

Frances Illness Update

Frances is feeling better now. I hope that didn't spoil the suspense.

After my last post, I went to bed downstairs since Frances' bed didn't have any bedding and she was in our bed with Arial. I move around to much when I sleep, so I decided to go elsewhere.

I had just barely gotten to sleep when Arial called (intercom function on our phones). Frances had thrown up again. For the rest of the night and much of the next day, she was throwing up every 30 minutes to an hour.

Only Johann got much sleep but Frances got a handful of baths (she started requesting a bath even when she had cleanly puked into the bucket but we only gave her a one when she had gotten some on her).

Finally, around 2:30 in the afternoon Arial lay down with her and they both slept (I had caught a nap earlier in the day, so I wasn't jealous). Arial got up around 5:30 but Frances slept 'til 7ish. I figured she would be up for a long time but at 8:30 she told Arial that she was tired. I wound up laying with her at 9pm and we both slept straight through to morning.

She has seemed much better today. Although, every time she coughs she says "I okay", meaning that she isn't going to throw up, which I guess is pretty thoughtful of her to let us know.

mwz

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

Yay! Frances 'all better'

She sounds like a good kid.