Tuesday, August 22, 2006

eMusic 3

Last months new music:

Tonya Donelly - Sleepwalk
This is a four song EP. I like Tonya Donelly and this album is alright.

Throwing Muses - Throwing Muses (2003)
This is a pretty solid Throwing Muses disc. It took me a couple of listens to get into it but now I like it well enough. There are a couple songs that get stuck in my head which is double edged. I like the songs but they kinda give me a headache when I just keep singing/humming/whistling them.

Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
Apparently, Arial and I saw Neko Case at Lilith Fair a while back. She is in the book I keep of bands that I've seen. More recently she had a song on a sampler album that I got from eMusic. That song is easily the best track on the album but the others are still pretty decent if you are in the mood for Sarah McLaughlin type fold.

Superchunk - On the Mouth (no link)
eMusic must have lost the contract with Superchunk's label because all trace of them has been removed from the eMusic site. I'm glad I got this when I did.

Superchunk is a band that I would have really liked in high school. I wish I would have checked them out sooner. There are some good songs on this album but they would have been way better if I could be nostalgic about them.


Pavement - Crooked Rain Crooked Rain
Track 10
Eventually, I'll get the remaining two tracks.

No comments: