Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tchsoo

It was late in the day today and I was working in my office when Frances came running up the stairs. She seemed very excited. I assumed that Arial had sent her up to tell me that supper was ready as she does occasionally now.

I turned in my chair and waited for her to say "ready" but instead Frances said, "tchsoo" and she ran past me to my desk. She held her arms up reaching for something and said, "tchsoo" again. Usually when she does this, she wants to tap on the keyboard or move the mouse around but this time she wasn't pointed at either of those.

I looked to where she was pointed and saw the tissue box. She has never asked me for a tissue specifically but sometimes she likes to play with them if they are within reach.

So I asked, "tissue?" and she said "Yes".

So I gave her one expecting her to wipe her face or pretend to clean my desk but instead she ran back down stairs. I was still unsure about the status of supper so I followed her. To my surprise, Frances ran over to Johann who was happily laying on the floor and started wiping under his face.

Apparently, he had quietly spit up and Arial hadn't noticed. Frances apparently did see it and decided to clean it up herself. She did a pretty good job of it too.

I guess my little girl has grown up to the point where she can be actually helpful.

mwz

No comments: