Wednesday, June 07, 2006

At a Wedding

About a month or so ago we went to a friend's wedding. Frances had a great time at the reception.

There was another little boy there who was a couple months younger than Frances. Of course people were trying to pair the two. Some of them even tried to get them to kiss before I put a stop to it. Fortunately, he was very shy (other wise I would have had to beat him up for hitting on my daughter). But Frances danced with him for as long as he had the courage.

Repeatedly, the boy's grandmother (I'm assuming) suggested that they dance on the dance floor together. I thought that was a little bit odd since the first dance hadn't even happened. I thought that would be a bit rude to try to take the spotlight from the wedding couple, so I ignored her.

When the boy was taken away (back to their table I assume), Frances grabbed my hand and started leading me. She took me right to the dance floor, which I thought was amazing since we hadn't been near it all night and no one was dancing (as I said it was to early). But she led me right to it.

She danced with another older girl for a bit and then we respectfully stood off to the side during the special dances.

But when those dances were done, she wanted right back on the floor. She danced and danced and loved every minute. It was amazing to see how much energy she could exert for such a long time. Song after song she danced and not just a slow rocking kind of dance. This was a full out jump around kind of dance.

We made her take breaks but after an hour or two she was beat. She still wanted to dance but it mostly amounted to staggering around in a large circle. We decided that it was a little dangerous with her walking between people who didn't necessarily see her. So we called it a night.

She had a blast at the wedding reception and was asleep by the end of the mile drive back to where we were staying. She slept very well that night.

mwz

No comments: