Thursday, August 12, 2010

Shonen Knife

Arial and I were each reading books last night. Music was coming from Johann's room and we had the following conversation.

Me: The kids are listening to Shonen Knife. When did you give them that CD?

Arial: I don't know where they got it from.

After discussing it with the kids, apparently Johann had just grabbed it from our CD collection in the basement. He made a pretty good choice. It could have been pretty bad. We have some CDs that aren't appropriate for children, like the New Kids on the Block Christmas album that I bought for a quarter because I thought it was funny or the All-4-One disc that Arial has for no logical reason (possibly because she's a girl).

Johann liked the album but there is one song on it that sounds like a more traditional Japanese (or at least asian) tune. We heard Johann say "I don't like this song. It's too slow." and Frances chimed in with "And it's in Spanish too".

We didn't correct her. I'm sure that at some point she will learn that there are more than two languages.

Ben

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

We think it's pretty hilarious that Layla actually likes Eric Clapton. But her favorite song is 'rock a-bye baby' which for some reason always makes her laugh. I think it's really neat how kids and babies gravitate towards music.