Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Handful

On top of the usual holiday stress and the fun of moving, both our children have moved away from the nice peaceful stages of their lives that we have grown accustomed to.

Frances is in full "terrible-twos" mode. Her two favorite phrases are "By myself!" and "No Johann, that's mine" (even if it actually is his).

Johann has progressed to the point where he can be a pain to his sister. He often tries to play with what she's playing with or using. Frances has become pretty good about not letting him get to her pancake syrup or eat crayons.

To top it all off, he has learned to climb stairs. He started sometime last week by climbing 2 steps to get to a landing. Tonight he made it up those steps and up the next 3 before we noticed him. (It was my fault. I was watching him. I thought he was still in the planning stage but apparently he was finished with his research and went for a test run.)

He was doing fine though, climbing very solidly. He might have made it all the way up if he hadn't gotten distracted by us 3 watching and cheering him on (while making sure he was safe of course).

He did feed me a bit of his "Biter Biscuit" today though. Stuck it right into my mouth. I thought that was very considerate of him to think that I might be hungry.

mwz

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

Your children are definitely turning into terrors. I think you should rule with an iron fist and smack that biscuit right out of Johann's hand (then eat it) to prevent future terrorism. Or you could go to war with the neighbor's kids (do you catch the political analogy here?).

Did you have Christmas at your new house? I hope you like it there.